The Grand Tree osrs is a quest based on saving the Grand Tree from dying upon the gnome race. It is all about protecting The Grand Tree, which shelters the majority of the small gnome population of RuneScape. So save the Grand Tree from dying out. The grand tree osrs says your job is to assist King Shareen to find the true cause and save the tree gnomes from an uncertain fate.
Point of start: Talk to King Narnode Shareen first in The Grand Tree.
Difficulty level: It is said to be for experienced players.
Overall: The Grand Tree, which shelters the majority of the small gnome population of RuneScape, is dying. To find out if it is human sabotage or an inside job, assist King Shareen to find the true cause and save the tree gnomes from the dangerous uncertain fate.
Length: The length of the quest is pretty long.
Skill requirements for the grand tree osrs:
- Level 25 Agility (20 when using Summer pie)
- The capacity to defeat a demon of level 172 Black (safe spottable for Ranged and Magic or melee using a halberd).
- A thousand coins, unless you have helped Femi or alternatively completed Tree Gnome Village quest and plan to use spirit trees.
- The Nightmare Zone minigame teleport can also be used to reach Hazelmere. Rope to swing across from tree. (Requires 25 agility).
- Necklace of passage to teleport to Tree Gnome Stronghold (via The Outpost).
Enemies to defeat for the grand tree osrs:
- Black demon (level 172) (can be safe spotted) – Black demons are large demons that inhabit a few dungeons throughout Gielinor. As demons, they have high combat stats but very low Defence for their level. They are weak to Silverlight, Darklight and Arclight; as with most demons, they are also weak to magical attacks.
The journey for the grand tree osrs
Item requirements- Teleportation methods to Tree Gnome Stronghold and Yanille. It is optional but we recommend it.
Speak to King Narnode Shareen on the ground floor of the Grand Tree. He will ask for help in reviving the Grand Tree, that is ill, and will give you a translation book and a bark sample.Your job is to take both these items to Hazelmere. He can be found on a small island east of Yanille. There are jungle spiders on the way to his house, although they are not poisonous. There are several ways to reach him easily. A few of them are-
- The Watchtower Teleport.
- The Minigame Group Finder teleport to the Nightmare Zone or the Fishing Trawler.
- If the player-owned house (POH) is in Yanille, you can cast Teleport to House.
- Fairy ring code cls brings you right next to his house.
- Or simply use the dueling ring teleport to Castle Wars and make your way EAST.
Item requirements: Bark sample.
Items we suggest: Necklace of passage for teleportation to Tree Gnome Stronghold
First talk to Hazelmere. The player cannot understand his language and vice versa, but nonetheless you can communicate with the help of sign language.
He will take the Bark sample, and after examining it, he will give you a message. When translated using the Translation book it reads – “A man came to me with the King’s seal. I gave the man Daconia rocks. And Daconia rocks will kill the tree!”
According to the grand tree osrs, return to King Narnode in the Grand Tree, and tell him the message above. He will ask what the translation is in three lines, so pick one line from the choices offered. If none of the options match then select “None of the above” option until the correct option is made visible. For the first line, the player has to go to the third set of choices offered. He shall say that someone has used his seal to have Hazelmere give away Daconia rocks that were made as a “fail-safe” and can kill the tree. He will direct you to talk to Glough, his head tree guardian. Glough is located south of the Grand Tree, east of the ramp, in a tree house. He will tell you that he will take care of the problem.
Items required: 1000 coins, only if you haven’t helped Femi; teleport out of Karamja- it is optional but we recommend it).
According to the grand tree osrs ,you should return to King Narnode Shareen, and he will tell you that Glough has caught and imprisoned a human, who was found to be carrying the Daconia rocks. Ask to see the prisoner. He is located on the top floor of the Grand Tree.
The prisoner, whose name is Charlie, will tell you that he had Hazelmeregive the Daconia rocks to him, though he was only doing as Glough asked him to do. He tells you to search Glough’s house for evidence. Go to Glough’s house. The cupboard, when searched will lead you to his journal. Talk to Glough, who will then order the guards at you. After the conversation, you will be put in the cell next to Charlie’s. Talk to Charlie, he will tell you about the Ship Yard on Karamja, and give you the password to access it, which is Ka-Lu-Min.
The king will appear soon and apologise for Glough imprisoning you. He shall tell you that the guards are at the entrances, and will tell you to quickly escape on the Gnome glider on the top floor of the Grand Tree, just next to the cells. Talk to the pilot, and he will fly you to the Ship Yard.
The glider will crash just west of the Ship Yard. The player should run east past level 53 jogres, which will likely attack you on sight directly right after landing (beware of this if you’re a low level). When you reach the Ship Yard and try to open the gate, a Shipyard worker will stop you. Tell him that Glough sent you, and you will have to tell him the password that Charlie gave you, Ka-Lu-Min. After telling the Shipyard worker the password, he’ll let you in.
The grand tree osrs says after you go to the southern docks, you’ll find the foreman. Once you find the foreman, you have two options- either kill him (he is level 23), or you can talk to him, saying Glough sent you. He will take you to his place and will ask you questions. You need to answer those questions to prove you are sent by Glough, as he despises humans. He will surely ask you how Glough’s wife is, the correct answer is “Sadly his wife is no longer with us”. He will also ask what Glough’s favourite food is to which you should answer “Worm holes”. Lastly, he will ask what his new girlfriend’s name, the answer to which is “Anita”.
You get two options, either kill him or answer the questions. After that you will receive a lumber order and find out if Glough is using the tree to get lumbers for battleships. Take them to the king. The main entrance to the stronghold will be blocked but the glider will be broken. So you will need to find a way through. If you have completed Tree Gnome Village quest, you can use the Spirit tree. In case you haven’t completed it, you will need to go to the Tree Gnome Stronghold gate and talk to Femi. Tell her you need to get inside, and she will help you sneak in. If you haven’t helped her previously, she will charge you 1,000 coins but if you have then she will help you for free.
Please remember that if you’ve never used the Stronghold entrance before (i.e. you’ve always gotten in via the Spirit Trees), Femi will say that you helped her and let you in free.
Item requirements: Lumber order.
- After you show King Shareen notes from the foreman, he will still not believe your accusations and will call you as paranoid as Glough. He will ask you to leave for your own safety.
- You have to speak to Charlie again on the top floor of the Grand Tree. He will suggest you speak to Anita, who is Glough’s girlfriend. She is near the swamp to the north-west of the Grand Tree in the north western most house; you have to go and talk to her.Climb upstairs and then she will give you a key and ask you to return it to Glough.
- Go to Glough’s house and use the key that Anita gave to open the chest. Inside it, you will find some of his notes detailing his plan to seize control of RuneScape. Click “Continue” else you will not get the notes. Take the notes to King Shareen but he will still not believe your evidence. He will tell you that in their search of Glough’s house all they found were four bundles of twigs. They spell out the word TUZO. Using the Translation book, that word translates to “open.” The King will give you all four bundles of twigs.
- Please remember that you must have at least four free inventory spaces in order to receive the twigs!
- After you return to Glough’s house climb up the watchtower. This tree is located on the east side of the 1st floor[U.K. floor] and requires 25 Agility to climb. Up in the watchtower, you will find a stone stand and four pillars. Use the twigs with the four pillars to spell out TUZO, starting from the far left. After you have placed the twigs on the four pillars, you will hear gears turning. You can now open the trap door on this platform, but do not go in yet unless you are prepared for the fight.
Encountering the Black Demon
Items required: Food and combat equipment for lasting in a fight against a level 172 Black demon.
After you enter, Glough will come to talk to you, and will threaten you with his plans to wipe out humans. After he leaves, a level 172 Black demon will appear and attack you.
You can either fight the demon using Melee, or hide in a safe spot and use Ranged, Magic or a Halberd.
If you want to use ranged or magical attacks, then the best safe-spot is where Glough is placed during the fight. If he can still attack you, then you should move behind another rock until he can no longer attack you. You can choose to go into the tunnel to where the demon cannot reach, so you can attack him using ranged or magical attacks.
Amidst all this, please remember that if you don’t kill the demon within 8-9 minutes, it will disappear and you’ll have to start the battle all over again. If this happens, walk along the tunnel and head up the ladder next to the king, and simply re-enter Glough’s trapdoor.
After defeating the demon, just walk along the passage until you find King Shareen. He will be standing by a ladder. You should talk to him and after a conversation with him, he will ask you to locate the last Daconia stone.
Keep searching for the roots until you find it. When the dialogue pops up stating that you found the stone, click continue or it won’t be loaded in your inventory. Then, talk to King Shareen, and congratulations have finished the grand tree osrs quest.
Congratulations on completion of quest!
Rewards you get
- Five Quest points.
- 18,400 Attack experience.
- 7,900 Agility experience.
- The much coveted access to the mine under the Grand Tree.
- 2,150 Magic experience.
- The superb ability to use the Spirit Tree in the Stronghold after the completion of Tree Gnome Village.
- The access to the Gnome glider transportation system.
- The ability to use the Agility shortcut from the Grand Tree to the Barbarian Outpost (with 37 Agility).